Friday, March 4, 2011

Another Beginning

I have tossed around the idea of blogging. I came to this site to learn how you blog. I made an account, but I didn't post anything. Today I was thinking about life. When I was young it seemed as though days and weeks and months dragged on and on but now I get to the end of a week and wonder where it all went. I know these thoughts are quite a normal part of life and especially someone who has lived a significant number of years.

Well, I have lived a significant number of years. My AARP application arrived in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I put it on my desk. It's still there, but I haven't opened it yet. I know what it is. I see it there every time I sit at the desk. It's not as though if I open it my age becomes official, after all; it's not my birthday quite yet. I didn't throw it away either. Maybe it's like a right of passage to get mail from AARP. Perhaps I have officially reached the age where I am considered wise but not to old to do something with it. I have never been afraid to tell my age like some people. I have never lied about how old I am, but here I am at the end of the second paragraph and I still have not said how old I am. On April 22 I will turn 50.

Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, so in comparison I am just a young person. Wisdom from God and the presence of the Holy Spirit in me is said to make a person irresistible, so I pray that I have obtained both in my 50 years.

I know to my grandson, I am right up there in the Superhero status range. The other day he was playing with his fire truck. He asked me if I had any batteries for it because it wasn't working but I didn't. He played a minute more and stopped. In all of the innocent earnest of his four years, he asked me, "Grandma, can you knit me a siren?" I hope he will always be that confident in me.

Every day is a new day, so I have decided that I can start new things any time I want and I will never be too old until this body we are given for our time here on earth wears out. Hopefully on that day I will stand before God and be presented with a new body fresh off His knitting needles.

for today,

--bin

No comments:

Post a Comment